12.30.2011

My Daily Makeup Products for a Natural Look

This is Me







 So as you can see I like my makeup to have a natural look. The reason for this is mainly because my face can't carry heavy colors and makeups well. And I don't enjoy the feeling of heavy makeup on my face. I also try to only use products that I will be able to afford on a regular basis, thus most of the products listed below won't break the bank! So the following are my favorite products to use. Keep in mind that I only apply makeup after cleansing and moisturizing my face.


The Products:
    I would like to put a foundation primer as the first product on my list, however I am still on the search for that perfect primer that doesn't leave my wallet empty. So instead I will begin with my foundation.


(1) Covergirl Aqua Smoother's:
     I use this product first, squirting a little liquid onto the top of my clean hand, then with my foundation brush I apply to my face. (I will do a post later about the brushes I use.)  I don't cover my face heavily with this foundation, because I also use concealer, mineral powder, and highlighter/HD powder. Basically I just cover dark places, under eyes, go over any breakouts, and then lightly brush over then rest of my face to even my skin tone.
(2) Mary Kay Concealer:
     This is my go-to spot (acne) concealer and under-eye darkness fixer-upper! Like most everything makeup, I have tried many many concealers, but this one has been my favorite yet. I squirt a very small amount onto the top of (again) my clean hand, then use my clean fingertip to dab under my eyes and wherever necessary. Like most concealers however, it should be used in moderation or your skin will look spotty and uneven. I typically buy this product off of eBay because I can find it cheaper than buying it from the Mary Kay distributors.

Mary Kay Mineral Powder (Loose): 
     I have been using this powder for years, and I don't see myself switching in the foreseeable future. This product lays light on my skin and still manages to cover very well, it also doesn't sink into lines and pores unless I happen to over-apply on the foundation. All very good reasons to stick with it! When you buy the product from Mary Kay, it come with a brush that is cut completely flat along the top. Mary Kay insists that this type of brush is best to apply their mineral foundation; I do agree. I apply this powder by shaking the powder container a few times, then unscrewing the lid and running my brush on the inside of the lid. With this powder a little goes along way, so don't stick your brush deep into the powder inside the container. Instead if you need a little extra, just lightly dip the edge of your brush into the powder then tap on the lid and sweep your brush in circles inside the lid, then apply. Again, I also buy this product off of eBay- for the same reason.
Neutrogena Custom Glow:
     This blush and bronzer is actually not my choice product. I decided on a whim to try it out, and I don't honestly love it. I don't really use the bronzer side at all because it gives my face an unnatural orange-ish, dirty color. I do however use the blush, lightly. Basically I will continue to use this product until I am inspired by another blush. Suggestions for any much-loved blushes would be appreciated girls.
 Elf High Definition Powder:
     Here again, I am using a product by Avon right now that is very similar to this powder by Elf, however the Avon product has been discontinued. So I will be switching to this Elf product once I am out of my Avon product. I apply this product to my angled brush in much the same way as my foundation brush ( sweeping the lid, lightly dipping, etc.). Then I apply the powder under my eyes, spreading the powder along the edges of my nose. I also apply above my eyebrows, under my cheeks, and sometimes in the dip of my chin. This is my version of contouring. (hehe)
One thing about the Elf HD Powder, the packaging isn't the best. So in order to prevent a lot of powder from coming out, I would tape up about 3/4 of the holes that let the powder through.

Mabelline Great Lash Mascara (Big Brush):
     This is my favorite mascara of all time(and I have used all kinds). I am very very picky about what I expect from a mascara. My mascara CANNOT be clumpy, MUST add tons of volume and length, go on smoothly, last without giving me raccoon circles under my eyes, and have a natural-looking finish. This mascara does all of that! (And it cheap! Yay!) I apply by spinning the the brush inside the tube (not pumping, which dries out the mascara). Then starting at the base of my lashes I wiggle the brush back and forth (left and right) and spin the brush, then I lightly sweep the brush through the tips of my lashes. I repeat that last step a couple of times until I reach my desired amount of volume and length. On the bottom lashes I just very lightly sweep the brush over the lashes. Then to finish I take a Q-tip and wet one end in my mouth, leaving the other dry. The wet end I use to clean up smudges on my upper lid, and the dry I use under my lower lashes. I also clean the rims of eyelids with the wet end, because I don't want any mascara to get onto my contacts. After I apply my eyeshadow, I go back and lightly sweep another coat of wet mascara over my top eyelashes, then I curl with my eyelash curlers.
Covergirl Berries and Cream Eyeshadow:
    I generally don't use the darkest color, unless I'm going out at night and then it would go onto the outer edge of the crease of my eye. I apply my eyeshadow with a small, flat eyeshadow brush. I start with the lightest, which goes over the entire eye, but especially on the brow bone. Then the next color goes onto the crease and is spread upward. The next color also goes into the crease, however I just kind of dab it up and out into the outer edge of my eye lid. Then I wipe off my brush and return to the lightest color, applying it to the inner corners of my eyes (this brightens the eyes).

Elf Makeup Mist & Set: 
     So basically this product sets in all your hard work and makes it last longer. And it does it's job! (For only $3!) So all I do is hold the bottle about a foot away from my face, and spritz at all angles. Then I fan my face with my hands a little, and let dry. It leaves your makeup with a dewy finish, and truly does keep the makeup in place better. Beware of the nozzle though, it isn't the best, and it is best to pump a time or two before using to really get the juices flowing well.




No comments:

Post a Comment