1.06.2012

My Favorite Products for My Hair

What Is My Hair Like Naturally?
     My hair is naturally a wavy medium brown color that turns rather red during the summer months. It is semi-fine and pretty strong. However, I do tend to have a problem with my hair turning stringy and oily. 

What Led Me To My "Amazing Product" Search?    
     Over the past few months my poor hair has been on a roller coaster ride. It has been re-colored multiple times, color-stripped, bleached, toned, and re-colored. Yes, I know- BAD me! However there was a series of events that led up to all of those terrible hair crimes. Anyway, after all of this I had to find some serious hair doctoring products.

The Products That Saved My Poor Hair
     After all of this my hair was very dry and brittle, but I still couldn't use really heavy product because they weighed down my hair and made it oily after a few hours of wear. So basically I had to have light products that conditioned and moisturized well.



(1) Dove Shampoo & Conditioner OR Tresemme Shampoo & Conditioner:
     Why do I have two different kinds of shampoo and condition listed? Well because I realize that most people's hair isn't as badly damaged as my own. (Or at least I think not.) The Dove brand is a very good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Thus for damaged and dried hair, it would be great. However, I did use the Dove products before I committed all my hair crimes, and it was to much for my normal hair. It left feeling soft at first, but heavy and oily after a couple of hours.

     It is for that reason that I have the Tresemme products listed. I used these before all of the hair crimes, and they worked beautifully. This set of shampoo and conditioner tamed my frizzes and flyaways (which were terrible at that point), and left my hair feeling soft without leaving it heavy or oily after a few hours.

Miracle 7 Deep Conditioner:
     I use this product in the shower in the place of my regular conditioner if I feel that my hair needs an extra boost of moisture. However you as a leave in conditioner. Squeeze a dime sized amount into your hand and simply distribute throughout your hair; paying special attention to the areas that need a little extra moisture and attention.

Miracle 7 Shine Spray & Miracle 7 Leave-In Mist:
     I recently began using these products after trying the Miracle 7 Deep Conditioner. I am already deeply in love. I was a bit skeptical of a spray that would do everything these products claim to do, yet still leave my hair feeling light and clean. But WOW, they really do everything they claim. What you may ask do they claim to accomplish? Well the Leave-In Mist claims to... detangle, stop hair breakage, repair dry damaged hair, prevent split ends, seal/protect color, control frizz, add shine. The Shine Spray...weightless shine (not lying), improve elasticity, soften coarse hair, anti-humidity, minimize frizz, thermal protection. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these products! I use them both after I wash my hair, I wrap my hair in a towel while I do my make-up in order to pull out a lot of the water from washing so that my hair doesn't require as much blow drying time and heat. When I ready to dry my hair, I unwrap the towel and spray the Leave-In Mist throughout my hair. Then I comb it through my hair. Following this I apply the Shine Spray to parts of my hair that normally are dry, don't behave, or need extra shine. Then I comb that through as well. Next I blow dry my hair and style with my ceramic round brush.
Big Sexy Hair- What A Tease:
     This stuff is basically my flat hair savior. When I am done drying and styling my hair with my hair dryer and brush (I don't use heat tools other than my hair dryer), I then use this lovely little superpower in a can! So I pick up the top layer of my hair and brush through it to make it smooth, then (while still holding it straight up) spray the back of the hair from root to tip. Hold it up until the spray is dry. I repeat this process, adding more layers until I have the desired lift in my hair.

Why Don't I Use Heat Tools?
     I used to use a straightener on a daily basis, and it took all of the natural wave and curl from my hair. Also it really damaged my hair- but that was mainly because I failed to use a good thermal protection on my hair. The primary reason I quit using heat tools is because I noticed that after not using them for a couple weeks, my hair would blow dry straight, but if I used them again my hair wouldn't blow dry straight for a week or so. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's true for me.  






1 comment:

  1. Hi There!


    I saw that you were interested in the Arbonne products that I donated to Kate's giveway on "The Small Things Blog" site. When I clicked your name to reply, it brought me here! If you'll email me your name, address, and if you're interested in primer, foundation (please specify if you have light, medium, or dark skin so I can get you samples specifically for you), or other products.


    We also have:

    •organic, vegan baby care products
    •prestige level skin care (anti-aging, acne, etc)
    •top of the line cosmetics (foundation, mineral powder, eye shadows, lip sticks, etc.)
    •vegan health and wellness products (protein shakes, vitamins, fiber booster, and much more) -
    •an incredible weight loss program I can help you with!


    All of our products have a 45 day money back guarantee, so if for some reason it is the wrong shade or you're not 100% pleased with a product, Arbonne has been around for 32 years and will stand behind their guarantee, no questions asked. You can go to arbonne.com and order, you'll just be asked for a sponsor ID#, which will be: 18706048


    If you need samples of anything in particular, please email me your info and I'll make sure to take good care of you! Thank you for your interest in Arbonne, I can't wait to help you find what works best for you.

    Katy G. (katy_ford32@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete