12.29.2011

My Daily (and Nightly) Facial Products

I Have Used Everything.
     Literally. From honey and vinegar, to Pro-Active and rubbing alcohol. In the last year my level of stress has been much higher, and more constant. So I know that much of my acne is the product of my stress level.
Okay, so aside from lowering my stress level,
These Are My (Current) Favorite Skin Care Products:
     Through all of my skin trials and tribulations I have found that gentle is best. Especially, since my skin doesn't heal quickly, so I have to treat it nicely.


Washing My Face:
(1)  Head and Shoulders: Who'd thought right? I use this in the shower(on my face and back) and on my face. Pyrithione Zinc is the active ingredient in the shampoo, and turns out it helps clear the skin.

(2) Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub: I use the scrub (pictured to the left), however I would like to try the cleansing wash (pictured to right) because I feel like the scrub can aggravate my skin. I typically use the scrub immediately after Head and Shoulders while my face is still wet.
 (3) Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin & Tea Tree Essential Oil:
    I actually use these two products together, I use one pump of lotion and one drop of tea tree oil. Rub them together on my fingertips, then apply to my face in outward circular motions. Tea Tree oil is actually a natural antibiotic and healer for your skin (aka perfect for my skin). The moisturizer is the best that I have ever used, it controls oil in my problem areas but it still softens my face and provide moisture without being heavy. Love, love, love!!!

 (4) Clean & Clear Spot Treatment OR Benzoyl Peroxide 
    These are either/or products. I use one or the other as strictly spot treatment. The product on the left has salicylic acid for it's active ingredient, while the product on the right has (obviously) benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. They are both equally good in my opinion, just the different active ingredients work better for different kinds of acne. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment